Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Transfer 8 here we come, that's insane!

July 11, 201

こんにちは!皆さんお元気ですか?Hello! How is everyone? I hope all is well over there in HOT St. George haha I'm just dying in 90 degrees and 100% humidity haha,  yay for sweating 24/7! But it seems like it's been way fun to have everyone back and you all enjoyed the fun 4th of July. Well first, I want to give THE BEST GRANDMA IN THE WORLD A SHOUT OUT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I hope you have a wonderful day and I will be thinking of you, hope you're healthy and happy Bonnie. You deserve the best birthday ever. Love you so much! お誕生日おめでとうございます!愛してますよ! Well what a wonderful last week of the transfer we had here in Toyooka. Miracles and success are just popping out right and left. Patience is key, it's always His timing. So we had a companion exchange this week but this time they came to our area, it was so much fun! I was with Luczak Shimai yet again, it was the best and we saw so many miracles. We were biking to go knock on some doors and we saw this lady down the street so we thought okay let's go but she turned so we looked and then booked it on our bikes and I got up to her and talked to her then we were able to teacher a spirit filled lesson about our purpose in life and a lot about prayer. Her name is Nakajima and she loves basketball so that was fun to be able to relate with her and talk about it for a little. Then we related a game to life. If we need a time out we take one and who do we talk to? Our coach, or God. And he always gives us advice to succeed not to fail. And you could tell she was having a hard time in life at the moment so she was truly pondering what we said. We gave her a plan of salvation pamphlet and committed her to read it and pray and she is going to call us. It was such a strong spirit that was there to be able to help her know all these things in life that can help her. Then we went and visited Hama a lady me and Harada Shimai met two weeks ago who hasn't been home recently and she was home. So we were able to finally teach her about God and prayer. She hadn't thought about any of this before so we were literally just starting from square 1 but it went great, she said she would come to church but didn't.. So that hurt but it's okay she agreed to let us come back and we are excited to see the progression soon. We found 3 new investigators this week and we are just praying that they will keep contacting us so we can see more and more progressing people here. I love this area and want to help it grow so badly. Well Sunday was great! We had a Baptism. The elders got a referral from a recent convert here and this guy was just so prepared, it happened so fast. But it was such a spirit filled meeting. Harada Shimai and I were able to sing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" and wow it was such a great feeling in my heart as we sang. Because yes I do know MY Redeemer lives! Well I'll end with the thought of the week. I forgot where I found this, I'm pretty sure from a talk I read but it says "Our willingness to take a step is not just met; it is exceeded by the Lord’s promised blessings." Wow! Isn't that a promise? All we have to do is be willing to take a step, have faith, and act, then the Lord doesn't just meet it, He exceeds it. Okay, if we have that promise we should be able to do all things he wants us to do even if it's hard, scary, we are too tired, etc. I just loved that because sometimes as a missionary, it's hard stopping someone random on the street, it's hard when you've been finding all day and stopping this person, etc. but we just take a step of faith and He exceeds our expectations of that situation. I was so blown away at the love He has for us. I'm grateful that we have a promise if we just act with a little faith, he makes up the rest and better. I've seen that on my mission so many times and I love it. Never forget, He promises. So just take that step. I promise with all my heart and as a representative of Christ at this time that he will give you this promise. Trust him. He loves you and wants to provide what's best for you. I love you and I love my Savior. He died for me and for you, give it to him. Love you all and miss you lots! But have a wonderful happy week, rember take that step. #RELY #STEP  スミス姉妹 Smith Shimai

"Johnson Shimai who lives in American Fork and was visiting..."




"No Comment..."

"Eating omelets

"Companion exchange"




"We couldn't go out for an hour because it was insane, RAIN"


"Last zone conference this transfer"

"Always fun to be with Miller Shimai again"

No comments:

Post a Comment