Monday, June 13, 2016

Transfer 7, WOW! Japanese all day"

June 6, 2016

こにちわ皆さん!Hello Everyone!
Another transfer has come and gone.. It's insane! But thanks for the love and emails from you all. It sounds like as is well and the lake was a blast. Im glad all went well and no one was hurt. But wow everyone is getting big but keep being great people that you are. Thanks for the uplifting emails always and be safe during summer. Okay well I'm sure you're all wondering where I'm at. I stayed! Haha I'm still in Toyooka but my companion left me! We were SO sad... We didn't get a call Monday so we thought okay we aren't training or being am STL so this is good then Tuesday after Ekaiwa still no call so we thought YES ONE MORE TOGETHER. Well... At 9:25 during planning we get a call and she was leaving. NO! Haha so then I get a call and I am actually training. Yup, she's a second transfer and Japanese!! I have a Japanese companion now, it's crazy! Ha lots of Japanese that's for sure. But she is actually decent at English and she wants to learn more so twice a week she makes me talk to her in English as much as I can but 90% is Japanese, it's so different. Her name is 原田姉妹 (Harada Shimai) and actually is 25. She is so funny and wants to live in America so bad. She loves Mexican food and like all American food. It's way interesting. She actually isn't way Japanese, for example, she hugs me, take pictures of me, and like loves english. (No Japanese person likes that stuff) haha but it's been so fun being able to talk in Japanese almost all day everyday. One funny thing, she wanted me to pray on English on our English day so I did, and like it felt so weird, I like honestly started to like forget how you word things in prayers for English. But I'm so excited to improve my Japanese more and more this transfer being with her. So these week, we had a great opportunity to have a day of missionary work with the only young women in our branch. It was so fun! But what was so sad is that every thing we had planned that day fell through. Literally everything, but one! I was so frustrated and sad but we were able to take her out for ice cream and talk about now missionary work has its ups and downs but it is always worth it in the end because the last lesson with had after ice cream is the one that didn't fall through, it was perfect! God is good isn't it?  Another miracle of the week. So we were eating dinner yesterday and we get a call from the elders and the recent convert of our area wanted to meet the new missionaries so they were coming to get us in his car. Now this brother is kind of LA because he works on Sunday so he only comes when he has a break. So I had never met him and so it was all new. He picked us up with the elders, went to the church and just talked and talked. Then he started to open up about how he wants work off on Sunday but even when he tells them he needs it they say no. Well back story, that day in Sunday school we were given a copy of  a talk about a girl who wanted a break on Sunday but was scared to say why and didn't pray or fast about it but after she prayed and fasted and told them why she needed it they let her. So I had a thought, share the talk you read today. And so we did. It helped him so much and he now is going to apply it. WOW! Spirit works amazing doesn't it? Lastly, I just want to share something cool I learned this week personally. So during study I was reading in PMG how to use the Book of Mormon and I was reading how the bible and the Book of Mormon compliment each other right? Well I was reading 2 Nephi 29:8 and it says "8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also." And when I read it, it hit me. We need two nooks just like we need two people in missions. If we don't have two testimonies then how can we really know? Many of you probably already realized this but I didn't, and wow it changed my testimony of the knowledge that they compliment each other. Isn't our church amazing? I love it and it's so true. Never ever forget how blessed we are to have this gospel. Love it every minute of everyday please. I know I do now.  I love you all and have a fun week and summer ok? #RELY #TWOスミス姉妹

"Zone Conference"

"Favorite English Student"


"New Comp"


"My comp takes pictures of me A LOT"

No comments:

Post a Comment