Monday, February 1, 2016

March 5th

February 1, 2016

Family and Friends,
How is everyone?! I hope all is well. I can't believe another week has come and gone, I feel like I was writing last weeks email like two hours ago.. Not kidding! Time is flying by. First off, WE STAYED IN IZUMO TOGETHER! Yay!!! I love this place and ミラー姉妹 so much! Alright you you ready for this amazing week? Okay here we go! So here is a sentence that can describe how this week is going and what amazing blessings we can receive. 毎日改善する望みがあるので神様から沢山祝福を受けましたよ!(Because we have a desire to improve everyday, we received so many blessings from God!) We have been having so many blessings from God. It is amazing to see his hand in our work. I LOVE IT! First blessing and miracle of the week and the best one. The Filipina mother, well SHE HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE!! YUP! You just read that.  We are so excited and so is she. She wants to be a part of this church so bad and she loves how her life has changed since learning about the gospel. AH! We are so pumped! Saturday, March 5ththe last Saturday of this transfer.. YES! We had a great discussion with one of our Potential Investigators this past week as well. She has not been keeping commitments really so we visit her about every two weeks or so but last time we dropped off a Book of Mormon for her but she wasn't home so when we went this time we talked about it and she said because she is Buddhist she can't accept it but she loved what we told her to read and we were able to have a good discussion about gospels and better understand their religion and she also listen to ours. Her daughter has been having some back problems and she said she didn't know what to do so she said she remembered what I testified about last time with prayer and how we can receive comfort. So she prayed and asked for comfort and felt gods love. So awesome... Before I thought she didn't listen, but she totally did and it helped her. We made another appointment to talk more about her religion so we can little by little know there's more to help us and to slowly touch her heart. It was so neat to have a religious discussion. So we had a lesson with the nurse student this week and boy it was a hard one. So we planned to challenge her to baptism but as we got going she finally opened up to some concerns and doubts she had. She basically said she knew what we taught was true and loved it but she grew up being Buddhist and had a hard time letting go of that. And we both understood that,that would be hard to change what you've known and what your family does. So we were able to help her by reading scriptures about God and how we can know for a fact through the simple prayer. It was hard but wow were we so led by the spirit. There were some things I'm 100% sure I said wrong or I didn't know I could say but because of the spirit she understood and I was able to express those things. I have never felt the spirit feel my mouth more than then. He helped us and guided us exactly what to say so we didn't lose her. Now it is so much better, little by little she will better understand. So we have been trying to think of new ways we could find new people instead of just street/house contacting. So we both thought talking to the workers at Convinis. So we were buying cough drops and we decided to talk to the worker that was helping us and she loved us and was so glad we talked to her. And when we asked if she had interest or wanted to meet again she said of course. Please call me soon!! Ahhh yay!! So we are planning on calling her this week and hopefully meeting her soon. Two funny stories of the week: First I ate FISH EGGS sushi this week... Yup I did it and they were HUGE ones not just the little ones Brooke and Chad eat. And boy was it interesting. When you bite them they burst in your mouth, yup gross right? (Hopefully you weren't eating while reading this) I'll send a video of it haha.. Okay other one was we were riding and all the sudden my bike light broke off so I just put it in my basket and kept going well when you peddle is when the light works so I start biking and the light turns on and the basket illuminated so ミラー姉妹 goes "You have ET in your basket!" And we both bust up! You had to be there.. I think I say this every week but Sunday was amazing!! The best Sunday probably thus far here in Izumo. We had the nurse, the dancer, park mountain(the old man), and one of our Ekaiwa students who has little interest came as well! Aaahhhh, that's such a good feeling and we teach gospel principles every week and usually it's like 4-5 people maybe and it's usually like investigators, some more members, less actives, and the elders investigators. It was so awesome and the miracle is last week we were supposed to teach about Christ life and had this great lesson planned but no one stayed for Sunday school investigator wise and so we cancelled our class cause no one was there that comes members wise either so last week we were sad about not having but now we see why. He wanted all these people to be there to here about Jesus Christ life and the spirit in that lesson was unreal. I can't even describe it. So we had to watch a missionary broadcast this week about how we we can change missionary work especially with age change. It was amazing! So we watched it and after we discussed things and what we were going to change here in Izumo and while we were doing that I received an answer why I was made a trainer at this time and with her at this time. We are both young and have the fire to work our guts out but also President Welch is really trying to change the mindset of how we do work here and since we are new we don't have the old mindset so we can start it all fresh and boy did I feel peace in my heart that this is why I'm here with this calling right now. But also from the broadcast I have my thought of the week. A quote from President Packer, "What does the re in repent mean? It means we do it again, repeat repent." So this week just ponder that quote and how you can apply it to your life. When I heard it I received the revelation that I can not and will not stop being a missionary after. I have NO idea why that quote brought me that but it did and I'm grateful for that commitment now to keep forever. So please ponder this and see what comes to you and do it! ACT! I know you can receive that answer if you have a sincere desire. God knows what we will pray for before we even do it, how cool is that?! I know he hears us, he loves us, and will help us. I LOVE YOU ALL! Miss you lots!  #RELY #ACT
スミス姉妹

Our plates of sushi we ate

Pretty Izumo

Nagai Shimai

Our protein bar collection

These are Photo Booths in Japan

Our investigator, the dancer..Haha

More photo booth pictures

The three of us

Sunday Pictures

This is an eyeball at our dinner on Sunday

Ishitobi Kyodai

A member in our branch

Filapina kiddos

So cute

No comments:

Post a Comment