Monday, February 6, 2017

Last one, I can't believe it

February 6, 2017

Hello Family and Friends,
How are you doing? Hope the week was good and you're all doing well and healthy. I pray for you often. I am so excited to see you all and catch up yet again. This week was awesome. We had my last MLC, last ZTM, last Sunday as a full time missionary etc. but wow was it so amazing. Met lots of investigators and all the lessons were great. We met with Kim 3 times and two were over Skype cause she has been pretty sick but she is progressing so well and I can't wait to see the pictures of her baptized in these next few months. I love her so much! She's also been reading daily and is way into studying the Book of Mormon now. We met with Riona Chan a new investigator on Sunday at the church and it was her first time in a church. It was awesome! We asked her to pray out loud for the first time and she did! It was amazing and the spirit was so strong. She asked god if he loved her and right when she said that, I just knew he did. So we hope she felt it, she is way shy so doesn't always express what she feels but I know she felt something because the spirit was there. I'm excited to see
her progress and grow. But it was a good busy week! Sorry I won't write a lot because I want to share a testimony and thoughts of my mission. Okay I want to share my testimony, especially about my mission. These last 18 months have changed my life. I don't even know where to begin. I came out here hoping to change my life, it was honestly about me. But as I got here and learned to love these people, felt Gods love for them and understood really why I was here, it was about them. As I focused on them and serving my father in heaven then I was able to change. You helps others and god helps you.  I have come to love this place, these people, my Father in Heaven, and my Savior Jesus Christ. Because of my Savior I've been able to get through those days I didn't
think I could. His atonement can do all and will do all if we let it. If we humble ourselves and do our best then let him provide then it'll all work out in his timing. I know He lives and sacrifices for me, you, and this amazing people of Japan. I've come so close to my Savior and now I know He is my best friend. He can be anyone's if we take the simple steps of humility, change, and ask. I've learned to love repentance. Or just as simple as change. Changing it a wonderful thing and I look forward to it daily and can't wait to keep changing. These
18 months were hard and sometimes I wanted to stop, but as I saw the ones I love change and feel of that special spirit, I knew I had to be here and knew there was not any greater joy then that. I know the Book
of Mormon is true, it was translated by another amazing man I have come to love, Joseph Smith. If it weren't for him there wouldn't be missionaries and I love him for his sacrifice. This church is true, being a missionary is the greatest decision I've ever made and wouldn't change it for the world. I'm overwhelmed with joy to see you all again but I've heart broken to leave this place and these people whom I love. This church is true, God loves all of us, and he hears our prayers. I've prayed so many times because I had nothing else to turn too and he listened, loved, and helped me. It wasn't always exactly what I had planned but it was always what I needed. Never
forget he listens with all his heart and just wants you to be happy. Please my simple challenge is keep pray to him tonight and just ask him, do you love me and I know he will answer you and that feeling will be something you never forget. I love my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ with all my heart. I know this all to be true and I am forever grateful for these past year and a half and for all the love and support I felt. Thank you so much! See you soon! Love you and
miss you all! #RELY #HELIVES
スミス姉妹 Smith Shimai
"I was given a real Kimono! So cool!...So heavy!"










No comments:

Post a Comment